Monday 3 November 2008

Aliche's first blog


London - Lucca, Lucca - London, London - Lucca

After spending 1 week in lovely Lucca, exploring the apparently Renaissance walls on our bikes and trying to burn off the vast amounts of cheese and pasta lready consumed, I got the offer of work for a week in London, so I abandoned Seffers and headed back to the big smoke, to help out at the Quantum of Solace junket and premiere. Whilst there a took the oppurtunity to reacquaint myself with some home comforts that we had found ourselves missing in our first week, namely burgers and curry (sorry Seffers!)


Having done my bit, I was looking forward to returning to quiet peaceful Lucca and getting back into the routine of cycling the walls, eating pasta, and wandering into churches trying to look I know the difference between Renaissance, Romanesque, Neo-classical and gothic architecture. However this had to go on hold as in my abscence the town had become over run with comic and games fans. It appears that teenage and not so teenage Italians take their geekery VERY seriously, and for the past 3 days we have been enjoying watching them dressed up as all sorts of characters from Lord of the Rings, Power Rangers, and other things which I wasn't too sure about, and planning and conducting battles on the walls - it's not so easy to cycle through a crowd of elf's attaching orks and battle axes!





Thankfully the geekery hasn't rubbed off on Seffers whilst I was away. Then again he did suggest that we visit Pistoia, which along with being where the pistol was invented is also the world manufactorer of trains......

3 comments:

Heather and Stoods said...

xxx....i need pictures of your bicycle..

Charlie said...

I want to know if you guys are going to stay up to watch the US election. I'm toying with the idea, but probably won't bother in the end.

Seffalice said...

The Seffalice bicycle does exist. Just believe.

And, no, we didn't stay up for the election, though we could have watched Italian television's all night coverage: some commentators chatting in front of a massive screen showing CNN.